SaveRite Camera

Martins Ferry, Ohio 1 comment

Avoid Save Ritecamera.com this is another online scam to up sell you equipment.I recently ordered a Canon T2I Rebel from them with additional lenses totalling around $950.00 for my wife for Christmas 2 weeks before Thansksgiving.

Shortly (2 Mins) after placing the order online I get a phone call saying that before they could place the order the needed to confirm the items. They then proceeded to tell me that this did not come with a battery which would be a addtl $150, then that all the parts are plastic and the next step up is a addtl $500. I told them that I wanted the items that I originally ordered, they got a pissy attitude and finally quit haggling. He said that the order would be processed and shipped that day.

10 Days go by and no camera, so I call back they tell me that there is a back order and that it would be 6-8 weeks since the camera would be coming out of "China".

Order was cancelled immediately and I notified my credit card company of the scam.Purchased the same equipment with tax for $50 less at Best Buy and it comes with a battery and charger.

Review about: Canon T2I Rebel.

Comments

The same exact thing happened to me as Midcarol.I just wanted the camera body only for a Nikon 3100.

They originally said that they will ship it the same day. Then I checked online and the status changed to "slightly on backorder" and now I just got an e-mail saying that it will take between 6 and 8 weeks to complete. I checked online and my order status changed to "Backorder".

I canceled the order.A bunch of Brooklyn crooks.